for 2 cocktails (feel free to multiply up to make a big batch for a crowd)
- 2 clementines, quartered or sliced - plus more for garnish
- 1 fresh lime, quartered or sliced
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- a few sprigs fresh sage, some reserved for garnish
- 4 ounces gin - the good stuff please. I love Bar Hill, Hendricks, and Citadelle
- 1 ounce cointreau, grand marnier, or other orange liqueur
- tonic water - again, the good stuff. It matters. I use Fever Tree or Q brand
- Place sliced clementines, lime wedges, and sage leaves in a jar or cocktail shaker and muddle very well until all juice is released from fruits and sage leaves are well bruised.
- Add gin, cointreau, and extra lime juice and muddle or stir to combine.
- Strain over ice into two glasses. Top with tonic, clementine wedges, and sage sprigs.
- Enjoy responsibly!
Easily multiply up to make a pitcher of these. Just add ingredients to a large pitcher and muddle with the end of a wooden spoon or a french rolling pin. Proceed with recipe as written. Just make sure not to add the tonic too far in advance or it will lose its bubbles.
Lemon can be used in place of lime
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: cocktails, beverages
Keywords: gin cocktail, clementine sage gin smash