This White Chocolate Peppermint Bark is the easiest but most festive treat. I have been making this for YEARS - ever since my kids were teeny tiny. Only 2 ingredients, but my secret method is what makes it extra special
- 24 ounces white chocolate chips *see notes
- 12 peppermint candy canes
- Place a long strip of parchment or wax paper on your counter top.
- peel and place candy canes in a large zip-top bag. Using a rolling pin or meat mallet (the flat side!) smash candy canes into bits. You want some larger pieces and some dusty bits.
- Now, using a fine mesh strainer, separate the large candy cane bits from the dust (my kids and I used to call it fairy dust). Save the dust in a separate bowl and just leave the larger bits in the strainer as you prepare the chocolate.
- Place chocolate chips in a large glass bowl and microwave in 30 second blasts, stirring each time, until all chips are melted. should take about 2 minutes total.
- Now, working pretty quickly, stir in your fairy dust while the chocolate is still hot and very runny.
- Quickly pour mixture out onto the paper and spread to a thin, mostly even layer.
- Quickly sprinkle top with larger chunks of candy cane, pressing down slightly so they really stick.
- Allow to cool completely and break or cut into any shapes/sizes you want!
Just to make our lives complicated, Nestle chips come in 12 ounce bags and Ghirardelli chips come in 11 ounce bags. Just use two bags of either variety - you don't need to get too fussy about those few ounces.
One year I couldn't find candy canes and I used those little red and white star mints with great results.
- Category: cookie, dessert, Christmas
Keywords: Christmas cookie box, peppermint bark, cookies