The easiest, most delicious way to prepare salmon. Soft, buttery and full of the flavors of lemon, dill, garlic, and white wine. My dad's beloved recipe might just become your new favorite salmon recipe!
- 1 side of salmon (about 2 pounds), a center cut, skin on filet if you can find it
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 stick soft butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced or grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus a few sprigs fresh dill
- 1 fresh lemon plus more for serving
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 275 F.
- Slice lemon and lay in bottom of baking dish large enough to fit salmon.
- Lay salmon skin side down on top of lemons
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, chopped dill, and garlic
- Evenly distribute butter on top of salmon
- Lay a few dill sprigs around salmon and pour wine into baking dish.
- Sprinkle over a bit of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cover dish tightly with a layer of parchment and then foil.
- Place in oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit, unopened for 10 minutes.
- Serve straight from the baking dish with a spoon.