Savory, salty, buttery, and tender - these roasted radishes with anchovy butter are sure to be a new favorite side dish. Perfect alongside steak, chicken, fish, ANYTHING!
For the Anchovy Butter
- 1 4-ounce stick of butter
- 4-6 anchovy filets, chopped (I use king oscar brand that are packed in olive oil)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- teaspoon each of chopped fresh chives, parsley, and dill (feel free to mix up the herbs and use what you love)
- a few grinds of black pepper
- small pinch of salt - remember the anchovies are quite salty
For the Radishes
- 2 pounds radishes, halved if very large but feel free to leave the smaller radishes whole
- 4 tablespoons anchovy butter *see notes for options
- combination of fresh herbs for finishing - I used dill, parsley, and chives
To prepare anchovy butter
- place a 4 ounce stick of butter in a bowl, add chopped anchovies, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper and give a good squish and mix.
- Set aside if using immediately, or place on a sheet of plastic wrap or wax paper and roll into a tight log, twisting the ends to seal. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To prepare radishes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place radishes on large, rimmed baking tray - lined with parchment if desired. Add butter. If butter is hard, simply place slices evenly on tray as pictured. If butter is soft, you can use two spoons to just drop little blobs here and there.
- Place tray in preheated oven. After 10 minutes, remove from oven and give a good mix and toss.
- Return to oven and roast until radishes are soft and have browned and crisped in spots. This should take another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, toss with herbs and enjoy!
in place of butter you could use coconut oil or ghee, just mix together just as instructed. Rolling into a log might be more difficult, so feel free to just transfer to a container to store in the fridge
if anchovies aren't your thing, substitute a couple spoons of miso paste or simply make the butter with garlic and herbs - it will be great!
- Category: vegetable side dish
- Method: roasting
Keywords: roasted radishes, roasted radishes recipe, roasted radishes keto, roasted radishes paleo, keto recipe, paleo recipe