The most refreshing summertime cocktail. Tart and just a little bit sweet.
- 2 ounces Grapefruit flavored Gin - I recommend Malfy brand Gin Rosa
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 sprig of fresh basil
- 4 ounces tonic - I recommend Q brand or Fever Tree
- grapefruit wedges and basil sprigs for garnish
- Combine gin, grapefruit juice, and basil in a cocktail shaker or jar with tightly fitting lid.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into glasses and top with tonic.
- Garnish with basil sprigs and fresh grapefruit wedges.
This can also be served over ice. If you are not using the cocktail shaker, make sure to muddle the grapefruit and basil to release the flavors before adding gin, stirring, straining over ice and topping with tonic.
- Category: cocktails
Keywords: grapefuit gin cocktail, grapefruit gin and tonic, gin and tonic, cocktail, summer cocktail