Have you ever had a tassie? Somewhere between a cookie and a sturdy little pie/tart, these are traditionally made with a pecan filling. While I adore that classic version, I wanted to switch things up and make these festive Cranberry and Rosemary Tassies. I love the combination of cranberry and rosemary, and the color combo could not be more Christmasy. Especially when you take the extra time to sugar some cranberries and rosemary for decoration (it's super simple, I promise). These are the perfect addition to your cookie boxes, cookie swaps, and any holiday shindigs you might be hosting or attending.
These Cranberry and Rosemary Tassies are my contribution to The Virtual Cookie Party hosted by my friend Cosette of Cosette's Kitchen. This is a way for bloggers from all across the world to share cookie recipes and participate in a virtual cookie swap. Thank you so much for hosting, Cosette! I will include links at the bottom of my post to others who are participating. Hop over to Instagram and check out the hashtag #virtualcookieparty2019 to see what everyone is sharing!
Cranberry and Rosemary Tassie DOUGH
These tassies, like all tassies, start with a super simple dough made from cream cheese, butter, flour, salt, and my little touch: a splash of vanilla. The filling and dough can be made days in advance. Just store them in the fridge for whenever you want to make these little cuties.
Add a little sparkle
The rosemary and cranberry garnish is of course optional, but it is so, so pretty and easy. I used my friend Heather's recipe. You can find the recipe on her blog, Browned Butter Blondie: Sugared Cranberries and Rosemary. It's such a fun, slightly sticky project that just takes a few minutes. And it adds so much sparkle to your holiday bakes, cheese trays, buffets, etc.
These Cranberry and Rosemary Tassies are a great make-ahead recipe
The dough, filling, and garnishes can all be made in advance. Then, when you're ready to bake these, enlist the help of your kids, your spouse/significant other, whoever! Blast some Christmas tunes and have fun with it. I have the sweetest memories of making Christmas cookies with my granny. Making pecan tassies was one of our favorites. She is one of the most patient people I've ever known. We just took our time, enjoyed the process, and definitely enjoyed the finished product! Sometimes we have to rush in the kitchen, but this is one of those can't-be-rushed projects that is perfect for creating the sweetest, life-long memories.
I hope you'll give these little babies a try! Let me know if you do by tagging me on Instagram @wild.thistle.kitchen. I love seeing your posts!!
And check out all of these other #VirtualCookieParty2019 posts!!
- Cosette's Kitchen Tahini Pinwheel Cookies
- Kathryn Pauline's Sesame Blossom Cookies
- Candice Walker's Dark Chocolate Gelt with Matcha Mousse
- Tawnie Graham's (Krolls_Korner) White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- ¡Hola! Jalapeno Peppermint Mocha Milk Fudge
- Rylee Foer (About to Sprout) Spiced Honey Cardamom Cookies with Orange Glaze
- Gina Fontana (Healthy Little Vittles) Cookie Dough Stuffed Dates
- Christine Ma (Cherry on My Sundae) Southern Butter Pecan Skillet Cookie
- Alexa Blay's (Key To My Lime) Gluten Free Vegan Sugar Cookies for Cutouts
- Tamara Giebel (The Herbalist & The Carnivore) Chocolate Espresso Dipped Hazelnut Lace Cookies
- Ashley Cuoco's (ashcuoco) Stamped Citrus Shortbread
- Mike Johnson's (MikeBakesNYC) Chocolate Peppermint Macarons
- Elizabeth Waterson (ConfessionsOfABakingQueen) Viennese Whirls
- Erin Kowal's (Down to a Simmer) Date Drop Cookies
- Lily Morello (lilybubbletea) Holiday Fuel Cookies
- Kathleen Culver, The Floured Table Triple Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Taylor Carson (Crust and Confections PNW) Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Kimberlee Ho (kickassbaker) White Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Cindy Feingold (saltandserenity) Chocolate Dipped Mint sandwich Cookies
- Tamara, Tina, Tara (ThreeTeasKitchen) https://threeteaskitchen.com/lawzena/
- Jean Choi's (whatgreatgrandmaate) Cranberry Pistachio Paleo Chocolate Cookies
- Tristin Rieken's (onearmedmama) Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies
- Kathryn (wornslapout) Rocky Road Chocolate Bark
- Taylor (allpurposeflourchild) Mulling Spice and Orange Marmalade Thumbprint Cookies
- Dana (olivemeetscoconut) Cranberry Orange Halaweh Cookies
- KendellKreations Pecan Butter Balls
- Kristine Hinterkopf (TheEarnestBaker) Smoked Sea Salt and Bourbon Cowboy Cookies
- Casey Colodny (TheMindfulHapa Paleo Soft Ginger Cookies
- Emma Duckworth (Emma Duckworth Bakes Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies
- Kat Higashiyama (Pasta Ragazza) Chocolate and Coffee Biscotti
- Wafa Shami, Rock Cookies