How to create an epic bagel brunch board with Kvarøy Salmon. Follow my recipes and guidelines but make sure to personalize and have fun with it!
- 1 package Kvarøy Smoked Salmon
- 1 package Kvarøy Salmon Burgers
- 1 package Kvarøy Salmon Hotdogs, sliced into 4 pieces each
- 16 baby potatoes
- 2 everything bagels
- 2 mini plain bagels
- 8 ounces herbed cream cheese
- 1 english cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced into wedges
- bunch of cherry or grape tomatoes
- several bunches of fresh dill
- 2 cups fresh baby greens such as spinach or arugula
- 1/4 cup mini pickles or cornichons
- 2 tablespoons capers packed in brine
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- flaky sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- First, toss potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper and place in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes until roasted and tender throughout.
- While potatoes are roasting, cook Kvarøy Salmon Burgers using the stovetop instructions on the package. Next, in the same pan, cook Kvarøy Salmon Hotdogs over medium heat until browned on all sides.
- Assemble skewers by placing one potato, one slice of salmon hotdog, and one more potato on each skewer. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- To assemble smoked salmon bagels, spread herbed cream cheese on each toasted mini bagel, top with thin slices of cucumber, top with smoked salmon.
- To assemble Everything Bagel Salmon Burgers, spread herbed cream cheese on toasted everything bagels, top with salmon burgers, sliced red onion, sliced tomato, baby greens, and a spritz of lemon juice. Top with remaining bagel slices that have been spread with herbed cream cheese.
- Once it is all prepared and assembled, arrange on a large platter, board, or baking tray. I like to start with the largest items - in this case the burgers - I sliced them in quarters and placed them on opposite diagonal edges. Then the skewers on another corner and the smoked salmon bagels slightly in the center. Then just fill in the gaps with small dishes of mustard, cream cheese, capers, cornichons. Finally, place veggies and other items around, keeping in mind what goes well together. For example, the mustard and pickles go well with the skewers so I placed them nearby. Don't stress - just have fun with the process and it will come out beautifully - and more importantly it will be delicious!